Back pain is a common complaint — in fact, it’s the fifth most common reason that people see a doctor! If you are experiencing severe back pain it is recommended that you consult your physician for advice on treatment. However, in the mean time you can use these tips at home to cope.
Back pain tips dos and don’ts:
- Back pain can be treated like any other muscle pain — with gentle massage and light exercise.
- Try an over-the-counter pain reliever that also blocks swelling. Anti-inflammatory pain relievers such as ibuprofen should do the trick.
- Massage the area with an over-the-counter muscle pain-relieving cream, gel, or ointment.
- Make sure to maintain descent posture, to the best of your ability – this means sitting, standing, sleeping etc.
- Sleep on a mattress that gives you the right amount of support.
- Avoid ANY heavy lifting.
- Wear comfortable and supportive shoes.
Do you have any back pain tips that have helped you to cope? Please let us know and comment on this post!