Living with sciatica pain can be down right miserable, but there are many different sciatica treatments and remedies available. Use the below sciatica treatment tips to help guide you into a sciatica treatment that works best for you:
- It is suggested by some to avoid sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time because while sitting or standing most of our weight rests on our lumbar spine.
- Use a heating pad on the lower back area as it increases the supply of blood and nutrients to the irritated tissues.
- Some people recommend swimming to get relief from sciatic pain. Swimming deploys rigorous movements of legs muscles and hence takes off the pressure from spine.
- Stretching may offer good support for the back. Certain stretches for the sciatica can help release the tightness and relax the muscles. In addition, stretching is good prevention.
- Sitting in a hot Jacuzzi or whirlpool may enhance circulation and relax muscle tissue which in turn could help inflammation.
- Acupuncture may help reduce muscles spasm and inflammation associated with the sciatic nerve by improving blood flow to the lower back and increasing circulation.
In addition to trying the above sciatica treatment tips I encourage you to reach out to others who have suffered from this painful condition. Share thoughts, tips and ideas with each other to encourage your healing process. To reach out to others with sciatica visit our sciatica facebook page and start talking today!
- Sciatica Treatment | TheSciaticaFix.com
- Treatment for Sciatic Pain | Essential Oils for Back Pain
- Natural Sciatica Treatment | The Top 7
- Sciatica Alternative Treatment: Essential Oils For Back Pain
- Sciatica Alternative Treatment: Exercises For Sciatic Nerve